22, Apr 2021
Osama bin Mohammed bin Awad bin Laden, also rendered Usama bin Ladin, was a founder of the pan-Islamic militant organization al-Qaeda. The group is designated as a terrorist group by the United Nations Security Council, the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, the European Union, and various countries.
|Full Name||Usama ibn Mohammed ibn Awad ibn Ladin|
|Nickname(s)||The Emir, Laden, The Prince, The Sheik, The Jihadist Sheik, Sheik al-Mujahid, Hajj, Lion Sheik|
|Professions||Terrorist and Founder of Al-Qaeda|
|Known For||Being the mastermind of the 9/11 attack in September 2001 on the World Trade Center in New York, USA|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 195 cm
in meters- 1.95 m
in feet inches- 6’ 5”
|Date of Birth||10 March 1957|
|Age (at the time of Death)||54 Years|
|Birthplace||Riyadh, Riyadh Mintaqah, Saudi Arabia|
|Date of Death||2 May 2011|
|Place of Death||Abbottabad, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan|
|Death Cause||Shot by the United States Forces|
|Nationality||Saudi Arabian (1957–1994)
|Hometown||Riyadh, Saudi Arabia|
|School||Brummana High School, Lebanon
Al-Thager Model School, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
|College/University||King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia|
|Educational Qualification(s)||A degree in Economics and Business Administration
A degree in Civil Engineering
A degree in Public Administration
|Hobbies||Writing Poetry, Reading, Playing Football, Horse-riding|
|Controversies||• On 29 December 1992, his organization, Al-Qaeda attacked the Gold Mohur hotel in Aden, Yemen, where U.S. troops had been staying while they were heading to Somalia. The Bomb went off prematurely, killing one Austrian and one Yemen citizen.
• On February 26, 1993, the World Trade Center in New York was attacked for the first time. A bomb was driven into an underground garage of the World Trade Center. Six people died and 1,500 others got injured.
• In 1995, Laden joined EJI (Egyptian Islamic Jihad) and tried to assassinate the then Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak. However, the attempt failed.
• On March 16, 1998, the first official Interpol arrest warrant was issued by the Libyan government against Laden and three other people. They were charged for killing Silvan Becker, Germany's domestic intelligence service agent.
• In August 1998, Al-Qaeda conducted attacks on the U.S. embassies in Nairobi, Tanzania, and Dar es Salaam, Kenya, killing more than 200 people and injuring more than 5,000 others.
• The deadliest act of terrorism done by Al-Qaeda took place on September 11, 2001, on the World Trade Center in New York. It was a series of attacks in the United States. Four commercial airliners were hijacked. Two of these got crashed into the Twin Towers which later knocked down, devastating the rest of the World Trade Center building complex. The third was crashed into the Pentagon and the fourth in a field during a struggle between the passengers and hijackers to control the aeroplane. The attacks killed nearly 3000 people and injuring 6000 others. Initially, Al-Qaeda did not claim the attack but later in 2004, it claimed.
• Al-Qaeda operatives targeted four trucks on November 15, 2003, and November 20, 2003, in Istanbul, Turkey. 57 people were killed, and more than 700 were wounded.
• The 2004 Madrid train bombings took place on March 11, 2004, in Spain in which 190 people were killed and several others got injured. The bombing occurred just 3 days before the 2004 general election.
• Al-Qaeda claimed 2005 London bombings, happened on 7 July 2005 in London, England. 52 people died, and over 700 were wounded in the attack.
• On 3 February 2007, a truck bomb exploded at a busy market in Baghdad, Iraq. The Attack killed around 135 people and injured 339 others. The same year in April month, Baghdad suffered another attack in which more than 200 people were killed.
• The 2007 Tal Afar bombings and massacre occurred on March 27, 2007, in Iraq, when two truck bombs exploded in the Shia areas of the town of Tal Afar, killing 152 and injuring 347 people.
• Al-Qaeda's commander, Mustafa Abu al-Yazid claimed the responsibility for the assassination of Benazir Bhutto on 27 December 2007.
• Al-Qaeda operatives carried out the bombings at the Marriott Hotel in Pakistan on September 20, 2008. A truck bomb killed around 54 people and wounded 266 people.
• In 2009, another bombing took place in the capital city of Iraq, Baghdad, in which around 155 people died and over 721 were injured.
• Throughout the year 2010, Iraq suffered a series of attacks in which thousands of people died and many got injured.
• On June 15, 2010, a German bakery in Pune, India, was targeted by the Al-Qaeda operatives. 17 people died in the blast, and more than 60 wounded.
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wives/Spouses||Najwa Ghanem (1974-2001)
Khadijah Sharif (1983-1990s)
Khairiah Sabar (married 1985)
Siham Sabar (married 1987)
Amal al-Sadah (married 2000)
|Children||With Najwa Ghanem (First Wife)
Abdallah bin Laden (born 1976)
Abdul Rahman bin Laden (born 1978)
Saad bin Laden (1979–2009) (died in a drone strike in Pakistan's tribal region in 2009)
Omar bin Laden (born 1981) (Businessman)
Osman bin Laden (born 1983)
Mohammed bin Osama bin Laden (born 1983)
Fatima bin Laden (born 1987)
Zulki bin Laden (born 1990)
Laden "Bakr" bin Laden (born 1993)
Zakaria bin Laden (born 1997)
Nour bin Laden (born 1999)
With Khadijah Sharif (Second Wife)
Ali bin Laden (born 1986)
Amer bin Laden (born 1990)
Aisha bin Laden (born 1992)
With Khairiah Sabar (Third Wife)
Hamza bin Laden (born 1989)
With Siham Sabar (Fourth Wife)
Khalid bin Laden (1988–2011) (Died in the Navy SEAL operation in Abbottabad, Pakistan)
Kadhija bin Laden (1988-2007)
Miriam bin Laden (born 1990)
Sumaiya bin Laden (born 1992)
Note- According to some intelligence sources, he had 22 to 26 children.
|Parents||Father- Mohammed bin Awad bin Laden (Yemini Business Tycoon)
Mother- Hamida al-Attas
|Favourite Army Personnels||Bernard Montgomery and Charles de Gaulle|
|Favourite Football Club||Arsenal|
|Assets/Properties||He inherited $29 million of his father's business |