22, Apr 2021
Pope Francis is the head of the Catholic Church and sovereign of the Vatican City State. Francis is the first pope to be a member of the Society of Jesus, the first from the Americas, the first from
|Real Name||Jorge Mario Bergoglio|
|Profession||Pope of the Roman Catholic Church|
|Ordination||13 December 1969|
|Consecration||27 June 1992|
|Career||• On December 1969, Bergoglio was ordained as a priest.
• In 1973, Bergoglio began serving as Jesuit provincial of Argentina.
• On May 20, 1992, Bergoglio was named the bishop of Auca and auxiliary of Buenos Aires.
• In 2001, he was elevated to cardinal by Pope John Paul II.
• In 2005, he was named the president of the Bishops' Conference of Argentina, serving in that position until 2011.
• On March 13, 2013, Bergoglio was named the 266th pope of the Roman Catholic Church—becoming the first citizen from the Americas, the first non-European and first Jesuit priest to be named pope, and adopting the name Pope Francis (he took the title after St. Francis of Assisi of Italy).
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in Feet Inches- 5' 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 72 kg
in Pounds- 158 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Gray|
|Hair Colour||White (Semi-Bald)|
|Date of Birth||17 December 1936|
|Age (as in 2016)||80 Years|
|Birth Place||Flores, Buenos Aires, Argentina|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Sagittarius|
|Nationality||Argentine (with Vatican citizenship)|
|Hometown||Flores, Buenos Aires, Argentina|
|Residence||Apostolic Palace, Vatican City|
|School||Wilfrid Barón de los Santos Ángeles, Ramos Mejía, Buenos Aires
Technical Secondary School
|College||Technical Secondary School|
|Educational Qualifications||Diploma in Chemical Technology|
|Debut||1960 (enter in Jesuit)|
|Family||Father- Mario Jose Bergoglio
Mother- Regina Maria Sivori
Brothers- Oscar Adrian Bergoglio, Alberto Bergoglio
Sisters- María Elena Bergoglio, Marta Regina Bergoglio
|Hobbies||Watching Soccer and Tango Dance, Reading and Listening to Music|
|Controversies||• Some conservatives have drawn flak to his "simultaneously combative" and "charming" administrative style which they assert the pontiff has "wielded" against conservative opponents."
• Pope has always criticized Donald Trump. Supporters of Donald Trump always hit out at him.
• In 2015, Pope Francis was criticized for backing Chilean bishop Juan Barros, who was accused of covering up sex crimes against minors.
• In February 2017, posters appeared in Rome featuring a stern-looking Pope Francis, complaining about Francis's actions against conservative Catholics, and challenging his reputation for mercy.
|Favorite Football Club||San Lorenzo Football Club|
|Favorite Film||Babette's Feast|
|Favorite City||Buenos Aires|
|Favorite Authors||Holderlin, Alessandro Manzoni, Dante Alighieri, Fyodor Dostoevsky, Jorge Luis Borges and J. R. R. Tolkien|
|Favorite Painting||Chagall's White Crucifixion|
|Favorite Person||His Grandmother, Rosa|
|Favorite Actress||Tita Merello|
|Favorite Saint||Therese de Lisieux|
|Favorite Vertue||The Vertue of Love|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Net Worth||Not Known|
|Orders||National Orders From Vatican City
Supreme Order of Christ
Order of the Golden Spur
Order of Pius IX
Order of St. Gregory the Great
Order of St. Sylvester
Grand Collar of the Order of the Condor of the Andes from Bolivia on 9 July 2015
Order of Merit "Father Luis Espinal Camps" from Bolivia on 9 July 2015
Order of the Smile from Poland on 26 April 2016
International Charlemagne Prize of Aachen 2016
"Person of the Year" by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (2015) for his request that all Catholics be kind to animals